Steps for Obtaining a Permit
- Fill out the application, including any approval letters, neighbor approval letters or letters of request for approval.
- If your project is exterior or changes the scope of your foundation, the applicant must write a letter addressed to the Planning Commission explaining in detail building plans. Include your name, address and telephone number.
- If your project is within the Metro District of Conestoga, you must have a project approval letter prior to submitting your application.
- Submit one set of plans of any required plans (such as before and after, electrical, structural). Plans should include one drawing of the new construction, and one drawing with the existing buildings/rooms; show all easements and setbacks (when required). Provide square feet information on the floor plan for a residential addition, basement, 1st and 2nd story, garage, carport, deck, porch, and crawlspace. Describe in detail the proposed use of the structure.
- Applicant must submit a completed form for sign off of all underground easement locates to the Town Hall. (When applicable.)
- If your project requires approval by Planning Commission: all paperwork must be turned in to the Town Hall six (6) days prior to the next scheduled Planning Commission meeting. (Held on the first Wednesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.)
- It is mandatory that you attend the scheduled Planning Commission meeting. If the applicant fails to appear, the Planning Commission shall table the request to the next regular scheduled planning commission meeting.
- If a variance is needed, attend the scheduled Town Board meeting. (Held on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.)
- After the Planning Commission has reviewed/approved the project, the application and plans will be sent to SAFEbuilt Inc., located in Windsor, CO.
- When the application is approved and returned to Town Hall, you will be given a call and receive an email with any fees that have been assessed on the permit application and how to pay.
- Once the permit has been paid and authorization has been issued the contractor/owner may begin work on the project. You will be responsible to contact SAFEbuilt Inc. for all inspections as required.